Museum Assistant Paid Internship 2022
The Luxembourg American Cultural Society in Belgium, Wisconsin is seeking two paid interns to work in the areas of collections, exhibits, educational programming, and research. The goal of this internship is for the interns to better understand the inner workings of a non-profit, international, membership-based society with a museum and research center. The interns would work closely with both the Executive Director and the Museum Curator. The range of duties will give the interns valuable experience and exposure to a wide variety of non-profit and museum related roles.
Each intern will be paid a total stipend of $1,200 with a minimum requirement of 150 hours completed over the summer. Start date negotiable. The internship would take place onsite at the Luxembourg American Cultural Society located in Belgium, Wisconsin.
The intern must be available to work two Saturdays each month during museum open hours. Also, must be able to work between August 8th through August 20th to help with the LACS Heritage Weekend, which includes: LACS Members Meeting, Cultural Forum, Green Heart Gala, and Luxembourg Fest.
- Assist Curator with research on exhibitions, installation of exhibits/displays.
- Assist Curator with collection management and digitization efforts.
- Assist staff with in-person and virtual events and educational programming.
- As needed, assist with other duties such as: answering the phone, e-mail and mail correspondence, opening/closing museum, and assisting visitors.
- Recent graduate, graduate level student, or undergraduate level student entering their second year of study or higher in any of the following fields: Museum Studies, Archival Studies, Library and Information Sciences, History, Public History, Anthropology, or related fields.
- Familiar with museum collection best practices, PastPerfect Collection Management Software experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented, able to learn new skills quickly with training and guidance.
- Ability to work independently, and with other staff members in a small office environment.
- Ability to use stairs and carry up to 25lbs.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Being friendly and service-orientated towards all visitors.
- Computer literate, with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Due to the Covid19 Pandemic, the Luxembourg American Cultural Society and Center recommends non-vaccinated staff and visitors wear masks.
Applications accepted until April 30, 2022. Please send a cover letter and resume to the LACS Museum Curator Serena Stuettgen at email@example.com
It is possible to apply for this internship as a 300-hour internship with a $2,400 stipend. Please indicate interest in this at time of application.
For more information about the Luxembourg American Cultural Society and Center, please visit www.lacs.lu