The mission of the Luxembourg American Cultural Society is to preserve the roots of our heritage and nurture the leaves of ongoing relationships between Luxembourg and America.
The LACS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Luxembourg American Cultural Society:
- Sponsors the Luxembourg American Cultural Center, which includes both the Roots & Leaves Museum and the Dooley-Wagner Research Center, one of the largest research centers for Luxembourg studies and genealogy outside of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- Sponsors the annual Luxembourg Heritage Weekend and Luxembourg Fest.
- Publishes the Luxembourg American Gazette newsletter and the Lion’s Roar e-newsletter.
- Collaborates with American and Luxembourg ambassadors as well as Luxembourg Consuls throughout America.
- Provides educational and cultural opportunities for people of all ages.
- Preserves treasured family heirlooms, artifacts, archival materials, and genealogical data.
- Serves as a resource for all Luxembourg societies throughout America.
- Promotes Luxembourg culture and traditions.
- Patronizes and hosts Luxembourg and Luxembourg American visual and performing arts.
- Advocates for and develops commerce and trade between Luxembourg and America.
- Encourages tourism between Luxembourg and America.
- Fosters ongoing relationships between the people of Luxembourg and America.
- Collaborates with various partner institutions and organizations throughout Luxembourg and America.