Introducing a new Fest Feature:
Luxembourg Fest Kënschtler Eck (Artist Corner)
Saturday, August 13, 2022
This new Fest feature will get the creative juices flowing for budding artists and art fans of all ages. The corner includes:
* Mini “Intro to Stone Carving” classes taught by artist and Luxembourg immigrant, Victorine Hinger, creator of the new Belgium Centennial Sculpture, “Immigration.”
– Participants ages 10+ will carve their own stone necklace in these fest-friendly 1/2 hour classes.
– Classes will begin at 11:30 am with new classes starting every half hour until 3 pm (break at 1 pm).
– Registration will take place the day of the event at the Luxembourg Fest Info Tent starting at 11 am. We will take a maximum of six participants per class to allow for personal instruction by Ms. Hinger. Just $20!
* Paint your own Luxembourg Plaque- 11:30 am- 5 pm
– We are working with “glaze Pottery” in Thiensville on the custom creation of these special plaques, exclusively available at Luxembourg Fest. These 8″ x 7″ plaques feature the Luxembourg lion with “Lëtzebuerg” imprinted on the bottom and a banner on the top for your own customized message (Wëllkomm, your family name, the year you became a dual citizen, etc.).
– Artists will be able to either paint with acrylic paint and bring them home that day or we will send them out to “glaze” for glazing. Glazed pieces can either be picked up at the LACS a week later or shipped to your home for an additional fee. Limited supply- first come first serve! Available from 11:30 am until 5:00 pm.
– Tickets to paint a plaque are available for purchase at the LACS Info tent the day of the event starting at 11 am and will be painted in the Artist Corner. Cost: $35 (whether they will be glazed or not. Shipping, if necessary, is additional).
* Caricatures- 1 pm – 5 pm
– Swing by from 1 pm- 5 pm and YOU’LL become the subject of an art piece by our caricature artist.
* Luxembourgish-themed arts and crafts for sale- 11:30 am- 5 pm
– Shop our artist corner to pick out Luxembourgish-themed pieces.
NOTE: One of Ms. Hinger’s pieces of art will be auctioned off in our LACS Virtual Auction August 5th- 13th.
Stay tuned for details!
If you would like to be considered as a Luxembourgish craft vendor (not all items need to be Luxembourgish but some should have a Luxembourg-theme) or as a FOOD vendors for this year’s Luxembourg Fest, contact us at email@example.com. The cost to be a vendor in the Artist Corner is $50.
To be considered for Luxembourg Fest, please email us a description of what you would like to sell (and photos if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Need ideas for what might sell well? Drop us a line- we are happy to chat and help inspire you!
Questions? Contact the LACS Office at email@example.com or 262-476-5086.
Download the Vendor Form below!
Click below to see all Luxembourg Fest Week events!